Friday 29 July 2011

Blissfully Barbecued Bananas

So I meant to write this blog post several weeks ago, so you could all try this over the summer, but better late than never, right?! If any of you are planning a barbecue in the next few weeks then you should seriously try these! They're so yummy, and so easy.

First of all, you need bananas, a large bar of chocolate, a sharp knife, and some kitchen foil.



Then start by using the knife to slice down the middle of the banana. Cut deep into the banana, so that you can almost feel the skin on the opposite side, like so...


Next comes the chocolatey bit. If you have large chunks of chocolate, like I did, then I recommend breaking them in half so that they fit better. I found that smaller pieces were easier to slot in and then you could get more in each banana...



Then close the banana as much as possible, sealing the chocolate inside.


Finally, wrap the banana in kitchen foil, and then its all ready to go on the barbecue!



I suggest leaving the bananas on the barbecue for about 10 or so minutes but this depends on several factors. Smaller bananas won't need quite as long and obviously the heat of the barbecue can change the timings. The best thing to do is to take one off, open up the foil and test it. The inside should be soft and the chocolate should have melted. The following picture doesn't look all that appetizing, but I assure that these taste GORGEOUS!
(Hope you like the tablecloth! I bought it for my Mumsy last Christmas.)
 And there you have it. Very easy, highly unattractive, but incredibly scrumptious bananas!

Looking forward, when I get to the new house I am planning on making a quilt to hang on my wall, and some bunting with whatever scraps of fabric there are lurking around the house! Here is a little sneak peek of some of the material that I bought in the local Belgian market, and will be using for the quilt...






Thanks for reading and hope you have fun giving this a go :)
God Bless,
xxoxx

1 comment:

  1. That is an awesome Idea!!Here in South Africa we have a braai (BBQ) almost every other day and I will definitely be giving this a try! I would love to know the origin of this idea.
    God bless
    x

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say.
What do you think of my blog?
Any suggestions?

Your comments make my happy <3