Wednesday 31 August 2011

A little Tutorial

This post has taken me a little while to get round to, and my most sincere apologies go to my dear friends to whom I said 'Look at my blog this evening!' about a week ago! Life has been a little hectic recently with one thing or another but here goes...

After moving house, turning out all my things, and discovering a whole load of things that I didn't even realise I had, I have decided to put my creative juices to good use!! Here is a little way I have 'discovered' to display holiday pics in a fun and crafty way. I doubt I actually discovered it, but I thought you might like to see simply how it is done...



You will need -

  • Holidays snaps printed out on normal or photo paper (normal paper recommended)
  • Relatively thick cardboard from a packing box for example, brown on one side
  • String or ribbon
  • Glue
  • Scissors
  • Ruler
  • Pencil
  • Hole-punch
Start off with the cardboard as this will be the basis for your pages. This is the thickness of card I used -






















I then measured out a square about 8cm each way, but don't be too meticulous as I ended up trimming the edges quite a bit once I started sticking photos on.



For the corners I measured 1cm along each side and then used the glue stick, making sure it touched each mark, to make a rounded and smooth edge, as shown (questionably) above.

I cut out 10 pieces in total (one more than the number of photos) and after measuring and cutting the first square, I simply traced round it as a template for all the others.


To stick on the photos hold the paper up to the light, holding the cardboard square behind it, and line up where about you want the picture to be. As you can't really use the whole picture unless your pictures are square, I tried to choose photos that had a main focus that I could cut around.


Carefully holding the cardboard where you want it, trace around the square on the back, cut out the picture and stick it onto the patterned, non-brown side. The edges may need some trimming if there is any white showing around the border, or the edges don't quite match up. Do this until all the photos are on the card, leaving one square as a title page.
























I then glued some material onto one of the squares and used some *felt letters* (a little in-joke of mine and my mother's!) to make a title page. After this, I hole-punched the top left corner of every page so that it was ready to be tied together.



Tying the pages together with the string or ribbon you now have a wonderful little photo album, perfect for leaving out on the coffee table to show guests all the wonderful places you visited over the summer, and show-off your craftiness (and my ingenuity!!). I also added a little caption on the back of each page for the opposite photo. This added a humorous touch, however you could be more organized and add the date and location that the photo was taken!!



Well there we are... I'm not sure when I will next be blogging, as I return to school soon, but I assure that I will be back soon with something else to hopefully brighten your day :)

Thanks for reading,
God Bless,
Eve xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say.
What do you think of my blog?
Any suggestions?

Your comments make my happy <3