Sunday 30 October 2011

A Bit of a Gap...

So I'm thinking that maybe one of these days I'll be able to write a blog post without apologising for my long absence! Maybe in the holidays, but saying that, I've just had a two week break and this is the first post!

Anyway, I've been thinking a lot recently about my future. It's really rather scary and daunting and so I'm having to kind of look at it one step at a time. Otherwise I think I might implode!

Step 1 - The Gap Year...

I recently went and met with a guy who specializes in helping students make the most of their gap year. It was uber helpful and I now have a million and one different ideas of what to do! Here's my starting plan, but I am a woman, so this is subject to a lot of change! -




Start off living at home for a few months, working probably in a local pool or anywhere else that I can find work. Take the TEFL course, and a cookery course (these will come in handy later).

Then live in France for about 3 months with a family in full immersion, so that I can become fluent in French. I love French and wanted to do it for A-level but it didn't work out, so I now need to hunt down those old exercise books and refresh my memory! In the family I may do some kind of au pair work, and this, I'm hoping will mean I either get paid, or I don't have to pay for food an accomodation while I'm out there!

Following this, I'd love to go work for a season in a French Chalet as a Chalet Cook (see where the cooking course comes in here!) and also learn how to ski. I've never been skiing but have always wanted to, so I think this will be my chance. I do, however, have pretty bad knees, but I'm not going to let this stop me!

Then, as something relevant to my degree, and what I would like to do as a future career, I would like to go on a media course abroad, where you go into a less-developed country and work for a local magazine or newspaper for 4 weeks. It's meant to be really good experience, and very informative, so I'm very excited about this one!

Finally, I want to do some form of volunteer work. I'm not sure where, or for how long, but I'm thinking a French speaking country like Vietnam would be good, as then I can communicate easily with the locals.


Well, there it is. That's the first draft, and those are all things that have stood out to me in the last couple of days, but I'm really waiting for God's guidance on this one. In case He's reading (which I'm sure He is!) a sign would be great, thanks Lord!!

Must go eat lunch, but if you guys have any guidance on this, words from God, or have plans for your own Gap year, then I'd love to hear from you! Just leave a comment below!

God Bless,
Eve xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say.
What do you think of my blog?
Any suggestions?

Your comments make my happy <3