Sunday 30 October 2011

Signed, Sealed, Delivered...

Here is the second post for today, and for this holiday, as promised!

I *love* letters. Just putting it out there. I realised that pretty much all my favourite stories have letters in...

P.S. I Love You - Jerry writes letters to Holly before his death, which she recieves in various ways throughout the movie.

Letters To Juliet - Clue is in the name!

The Proposal - Right at the end when she leaves the note... Well, you'll have to watch it to find out.

Tess of the D'Urbervilles - That one stinking letter that got swept under the mat...

All of Austen's novels - There are various letters in each one which have such a major effect on the plot, as they are the vehicle with which characters (and Austen) can express themselves without as many social limitations as face-to-face conversations involve. Yet, so many times in her novels, we are asked to read between the lines as many characters left a lot unsaid.

The Notebook - The letters that Noah sends every single day, and Allie eventually recieves a few years later.


There are probably many many more, which I can't remember off the top of my head, but I simply love letters. And so I have decided to write more letters. I don't have time at school to stitch and sew and knit and craft and all the other things that I could do at home, so my creative and emotional outlet is going to be letters. So just a warning to anyone whose address I have.... You'll be getting mail! Maybe even in French (That's you, Kate!). Wish me luck!!

God bless,
Eve xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say.
What do you think of my blog?
Any suggestions?

Your comments make my happy <3