Monday 28 October 2013

I do declare...!

Over the summer, I was challenged to make a list of declarations about the truth of who God is, who I am in Him, and how this truth should affect my actions.

I'm considering doing a short post each day next month about the meaning and significance of each one, but I thought I'd put them all up here now. It is so important to declare truth over ourselves, in an attempt to dispel the torrent of lies that the Devil shouts at us. Even when you don't truly believe it, there is such power in saying it and praying God would give you faith in each and every word over time.

Feel free to declare these truths over yourself as they are as true for you as they are for me:

1. I declare that I am mouldable to God's purposes only.
2. I declare that every moment of suffering is within God's plan.
3. I declare that I will follow God's calling as an individual, in harmony and communion with others.
4. I declare that I will strive to understand the cross deeper every day.
5. I declare that I am beautiful in the eyes of my creator.
6. I declare that I will bring God's freedom wherever I am.
7. I declare that I am washed clean by the blood of Jesus and therefore freed from guilt and shame.
8. I declare that fear has no hold on my life, for perfect love casts out all fear.
9. I declare that I will thrive, not just survive, through God's strength.
10. I declare that God is equipping me with everything I need for His calling on my life.
11. I declare that I will march forwards with God's shield and not disobey.
12. I declare that God is the ruler of my heart.
13. I declare that God will use me to do great things for His Kingdom.
14. I declare that I am open to hear God's voice and trust that He will speak.
15. I declare that I will bring God's peace that transcends all understanding.
16. I declare that I will daily live in the joy of Christ's death and resurrection.
17. I declare that God is always my number one priority.
18. I declare that I will take up my cross, so one day I may take up my crown.
19. I declare that I am not saved through works, but by God's grace alone.
20. I declare that God will provide.
21. I declare that God's plan for my life is infinitely better than my own.
22. I declare that I am willing.
23. I declare that God is stronger, bigger and more powerful than anything I will ever face.
24. I declare that God's spirit lives inside me.
25. I declare that every human being has inherent value from God and I will treat them as such.
26. I declare that I will treat my body as a temple.
27. I declare that I am dedicated to waiting for God's timing and provision before changing my relationship status.
28. I declare that I will live cautiously now, so as to reap the benefits in the future.
29. I declare that I am a warrior for the kingdom.
30. I declare that God has made me stronger, braver, wiser, and more valuable than I think I am.

Those are in no particular order, simply the way they came out of my head, which as many of you know, is a shambles! In spite of that, I pray that God will reveal truth to you through each of these and you will be bold enough to declare them in your own life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say.
What do you think of my blog?
Any suggestions?

Your comments make my happy <3