Friday 17 January 2014

Dare to love.

There's a storm brewing.

The rain clouds have been gathered.

An umbrella won't protect me from this. Not even a top-of-the-range anorak could stop this from reaching me. From pounding against me. From hailing on my flesh until it's bruised, battered and numb. But I want to feel that.

I want to feel every slash of this downpour. I'm sensitive and vulnerable and wide out in the open and the pain is going to be almost unbearable, but I wouldn't flinch from it for a second. I want to feel it because that means that I dared to love. I made a choice to care and, even if it is utter agony, I know it is not in vain.

I'm here so that they know they are worth loving. They need to be shown that 'unloveable' is a lie. Love is all I can give them but Love is all that is worth having...

Love is the currency of life.

Love is the ticket to adventure.

Love is the key to freedom.

Love is the fuel of humanity.

Love is the power of the self to become a soul.

Love is the radical call to go beyond.

Love is the dangerous thought that there is more.

It is so selfless yet so precious, that Love died for love.

And so I lay myself down for Love. I lie in the rain and I let it seep through me. Love is worth this. I want to give everything so others will be held by Love, because ultimately it is Love that holds me.

My heart is safe in the hands of it's maker, love Himself. So what do I have to fear?

If you dare to love, storms will come. But if you dare to love, you can change their world.

2 comments:

  1. This is great.. I remember getting frustrated before that it hurts to love people and to be vulnerable, but then you remember that love is in it's nature sacrificial. It's so counter-cultural in our world of instant self-gratification. It's like this C.S. lewis quote:

    "To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything and your heart will be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact you must give it to no one, not even an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements. Lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket, safe, dark, motionless, airless, it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable. To love is to be vulnerable."

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say.
What do you think of my blog?
Any suggestions?

Your comments make my happy <3