Friday 4 May 2012

Seeking Simplicity

Sometimes life just gets far too busy.


The world plagues us with layers and layers of junk. It's not always our fault and it rarely seems avoidable, but we're often the ones left to deal with it. And deal with it we must.

Either we sit under the pile of worthless garbage and let the world walk all over us. Or we ask God to start stripping away the layers or trash, and being to live in the freedom of simplicity.

Simplicity is good.
Simplicity is freeing.

But simplicity is scary.

Simplicity means that there is no longer anything for us to hide behind. No excuses. When the layers are gone, then all that's left is us, which means that everything we do is a direct reflection of ourselves. It's not a reflection of the mess in our lives, or the clutter that's skewed our moral judgement. No, this is just us. 100%.

But however hard it is to be that vulnerable, and to lose those layers that provide 'security' however useless, I'd rather live a life that allows me to follow God and seek his heart, rather than living a lie. Living the lie that I can get away with sin because 'I had no other option'. That my words don't matter because 'They provoked me'. That the way I dress doesn't matter because 'It's how I express myself'. That my actions don't matter because 'It's all harmless fun'.

I want every action I do to count for something bigger than myself. I want my life to count for God's plan for this earth. And to do that I need to clear out the clutter and seek the simplicity, however vulnerable it makes me, of rejecting the world's lies and living in God's truth.

What junk do you need to be getting rid of this weekend?




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say.
What do you think of my blog?
Any suggestions?

Your comments make my happy <3