Saturday 7 January 2012

Not 'lost'... simply 'waiting to be found'!

Don't you find that sometimes you literally just spend your whole life looking for something?

That perfect skirt? The one that fits just right around the waist, matches with every item in your wardrobe, comes to just the right height above the knee and has the perfect balance of fit and flare. Well that's what I'm looking for, anyway!

Or maybe it's something that you've lost. That Taylor Swift guitar plectrum that you took out of the packet yesterday then took downstairs to play guitar with, got distracted on the way and now can't find anywhere? Maybe that's just me again...

But as I stood outside my bedroom door trying to think where on earth I could have put that plectrum, I had a little revelation. Does it really matter? I know it's got to be around here somewhere. I can just go grab another one out of the packet and play with that for now.

I don't mean 'Go ahead and have no respect for your belongings!' I simply mean, we live in a land where we have plenty. What is the use in fretting over something small that we've lost, when there are five others sitting in the packet?!

If we spend all our time pining over the things we haven't got (a boyfriend, more money, longer holidays, THAT skirt etc) or the things we may have lost (close friends, a boyfriend, a guitar pick etc) then we lose sight of what we have got, right here, right now.

Right now I have...
  • The most amazing friends a girl could ever ask for
  • The freedom of singleness to follow God wherever he calls me
  • Enough money to live comfortably on
  • Enough Holiday time to really appreciate my family's company (without that extra week where I start wanting to kill my brother!)
  • An entire wardrobe of wonderful clothes
  • Five more guitar picks in the packet...
The list goes on.

Sometimes the things we lose will be lost forever, but that is God's will for us and He knows best.

But sometimes, just sometimes, the things you lost will turn up in the most unexpected places, when you've given up searching and you've simply handed the matter over to God.

One of these days I may just slip my hand into my jeans pocket and discover my plectrum lurking in there. It isn't 'lost'... it's simply 'waiting to be found'!

Until then, I have enough to be getting by with. So I need to learn to be content with that.

God Bless,
Eve xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say.
What do you think of my blog?
Any suggestions?

Your comments make my happy <3