Friday 8 February 2013

A Letter to my Readers - In which I try not to sound like a creep...

Dear Readers,

Firstly, I love you. Each and every one of you. I know there really aren't many of you, probably not more than a handful, or maybe just one or two, but I know you're there.

But next, I apologise to you. I'm not really sure what you must think of me. You get to see the things that I don't share with many people. The things I mull over for a while and suddenly the words come together and it finally feels complete enough to put out to the rest of the world because it looks ordered and it makes sense and it feels neat. But also the really terrible things where I write in a flurry and the tears stream and my fingers quiver and everything just falls off-centre as fears and aches and desires and joys and passions and heartbreaks become sentences, however disjointed, and the keyboard tremours and you dare to read the child of this mania.
So the 'sorry' is for the fact that you may now need therapy. I'm ok with what goes on in my head because it's been happening for a few years now. But I can imagine it must be pretty daunting for a newbie.

You didn't used to appear as people to me. You were just simple stats on a page. I know what country you view from and what type of computer you have. And then you're just a blank. An empty shell of a reader. I used to find this frustrating. I wanted to see you and know you. I got so caught up in wanting you to respond, that I stopped writing for a while.

But now things are different. Now you enchant me. I can see you with your cup of tea. A little sip between a sentence here and a paragraph there. You find me humorous maybe, a little too over the top, but entertaining to read. You've decided to read out of curiosity. And you find me curious. I'm not quite how you expected me to be. But you keep reading. Maybe you even think I actually say something of value. That surprises me, but if that's what you're getting from here then I'm thrilled.

Maybe I know who you are in real life. Maybe I really don't. But I like you.

I like you for who you can be in my mind. You can be the friend that's just catching up on missed times. You can be the inquisitive Facebook friend that found this little place of mine from a past link. You can be the one I aimed a few of my posts to. You can be the man that I hope reads this, because there's so much I wish he knew. You can be the stranger that stumbled across here and may never return.

But really I don't care who you are. I don't care if you're male or female. 1 or 100. Black or White. English or American. French or Italian. A Mac user or a PC user. A Christian or an Atheist. A Muslim or a Hindu. A morning person or a night owl. A friend or a stranger.

I just care that you're here.

So thank you.
Eve

2 comments:

  1. Thank you! And we love how open and honest you are! I love your blog because it's so personal - it's just a shame it can't be more frequent and in depth. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry that I haven't been on for a while! I love being honest with all of you. It means I can be honest with myself a lot of the time.
      I'll aim to post more frequently from now on, but you know how life gets now and again...!
      Thanks xx

      Delete

I love hearing what you have to say.
What do you think of my blog?
Any suggestions?

Your comments make my happy <3