Monday 4 February 2013

He has a plan. But...

So I'm very happy for people in relationships. Those true-love, God-seeking, made-for-each-other kind of relationships are just amazing. However I do feel less thrilled for these couples, when I myself am not in one. As selfish as that sounds, that is the honest truth.

I'm also very happy with the idea and the truth that God has a plan for my life. This is what gives me hope day to day that I'm not going it alone and that I have an exciting future ahead.

What I am not feeling quite so happy about, is the timing of things. Right now, I just want to be in one of those amazing relationships. And yes, it's probably best to wait, because it's better to be single and wait for the right guy, than to constantly waste time with the wrong guys.

But today I just don't feel that at heart. I'm sad that I haven't found a guy that I can be 100% myself with. I'm sad that all the amazing guys I meet just aren't right for one reason or another... wrong age, already in a relationship, already married, not a Christian, geographically not suitable etc etc... And I know that this is God's way of saying that I need to wait for the right guy and that I just haven't met him yet (cue Michael Buble...).

Without sounding like a complete scrooge, the happiness of other people's relationships does just get wearing. Yes, it's fantastic news that one of my school friends has just got engaged. But why can't I be too?!

I know God has a perfect plan for my life, tailored to and for me. But today this just doesn't feel fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say.
What do you think of my blog?
Any suggestions?

Your comments make my happy <3