Friday 22 March 2013

Finding my get-up-and-go.

I can only apologise once again and pray you don't hate me because I have been such a terrible blogger recently.

With that out of the way, there's been something that's been a common theme to my life for the last few weeks. Maybe it's down to the fact that I've given up a ridiculous amount for Lent this year - Alcohol, meat, chocolate and TEA - but I've just been feeling ridiculously tired and lethargic.

My get-up-and-go has got up and gone!

I've had a couple of mornings off and all I've mustered the strength to do is watch some movies, maybe put a wash on, or make a bowl of cereal. I have had these grand plans to use my free time to continue working on my quilt, or to start making something with the beautiful vintage map fabric I finally found the other day. But alas, I have remained in my bed, not bothering to open the curtains, and living a life that of boredom and decided unproductiveness.

I did go for two runs last week, which is incredibly shocking because I can honestly say I have done no exercise since I left school last June. It felt good to go out and do something, but then I got back and flopped and all energy was gone.

My week is normally consumed by work and church activities and it has been so lovely to have some down-time. BEd feels safe and cosy when it's raining and I've started to get burn-out from everything else. But I've had my rest and now I think it's time for me to get up and do something worthwhile with my time. Even if it's solely for the purpose of blogging about it later.

I leave you with a photo of the poor three people who have to spend their days with me in the office. I present to you, my fellow YMCA interns...


And now I must dare to leave the house...!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say.
What do you think of my blog?
Any suggestions?

Your comments make my happy <3