Thursday 2 June 2011

The Genesis of my Blog

So... This is my first blog post. Most people probably start by introducing themselves, but I hope you'll get to know me soon enough. Instead, I would like to introduce some other very important people.

Firstly, my saviour, and the lover of my soul, Jesus Christ. I'm not keen on the word 'religion'. I prefer 'relationship'. A month or so ago I made a wild and unconventional decision; I decided that the only man I need in my life right now is Jesus. He is faithful. Forgiving. Unchanging. Trustworthy. Caring. Loving. Servant-hearted. And all-powerful. What more could you want or even NEED in a guy?! He's absolutely perfect... literally!

I try and make a date with him everyday, but I'm going to admit that sometimes I'm not so good as this. When I don't make time for him, however, my day just doesn't feel that same. A little empty. A little less brightened by the light of the world.

Just to clarify my 'wild and unconventional decision'. I have made the choice not to date until I go to university. Ambitious and seemingly 'abnormal', but I believe that I have other things that I need to be concentrating on. Maybe in the future I'll be able to explain how I came to this decision, but I'm not sure it's appropriate for now.

Next, I suppose, I should introduce my family. We're a bit of an odd bunch really. I think I'll start with the tallest, my dear Father. Dad is in the RAF. We move every couple of years because of his job, and I don't really have an opinion on this. It's just an accepted part of my life. Something rather exciting happened a few months ago. My Dad became a christian! It's definitely one of the most exciting things in my life... so far.

Next in height order is my brother, although my mother likes to think it's herself. My brother can be a bit of a fruit loop at times. He has lost an uncountable number of belongings in his life time (all 14 years of it!). Nothing really seems to worry him in life, which does occasionally drive my mother insane, but I'm starting learn that it is a sort of gift. 'Not worrying' I mean, NOT 'driving my mother insane'.

Finally (well for this post at least), is my mum. How to describe my mother...? Meeting her is really the only way you will truly get to understand her. She is a wonderful woman of God, and I love her to bits, but I'm not going to lie, she is just a bit mental!

As I write the first draft of this in my notebook, I am sat on a 'rail-bike', and the boys are pedaling! I took A LOT of pictures, so trying to select which ones is a slight challenge, but here goes...


This is a 'rail-bike'. Two people cycle on each side, and then two people can sit and relax in the middle. You may be able to guess which way who cycled and who relaxed for most of the ride!



This is me on one of the rare occasions when I was actually pedaling.



Jonathan is mid-chew, but this is my baby brother, and my daddy.



I am indeed taking this picture as I pedal! Not to be attempted by the faint hearted, or those with short arms!
This is me and my mummy in one of the frequent moments during which the boys were pedaling and we were... doing absolutely nothing other than telling (shouting at) them to go faster!

Anyway, to finish with for today's surprisingly long post, I thought I'd explain why I'm writing this blog. It's not just because I have recently discovered that some very beautiful people write blogs, because as you may be able to see (I'm not sure if you can or not) I have had an account here since 2007! Neither is it because I think I'm any better than anyone else. I want to write this blog, to share with you my journey of faith through this, my only, life. I want to tell you about some of the mistakes I've made, and then the lessons I've learned from them. I want to tell you about the amazing people that join me to share seasons of my life with me. And maybe most importantly, I want to share with you the moments where I feel God has touched my life, and I have seen him at work.
My aim in life is complete and utter abandon and surrender to these moments.

God bless,
Eve xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say.
What do you think of my blog?
Any suggestions?

Your comments make my happy <3