Friday 11 January 2013

My Bucket List

After a request from a reader to see this Bucket List I decided it was time to put it up. I am forever adding to it, so this is in no way conclusive, but this is where I'm at for now...

1. Have Breakfast at Tiffany’s
2. Photograph a wedding
3. Be a bridesmaid
4. Have something of mine published (article, short story, poem etc)
5. Go scuba diving in the Great Barrier Reef
6. Plan a wedding
7. Get baptized
8. Be a Godmother
9. Decorate my own house
10. Make a dress for myself
11. Live in a foreign country for at least 3 months (Lived in Belgium with my family for 3 years)
12. Be able to live with my body as intended in Eden (not be ashamed when naked)
13. Get a degree
14. Learn how to drive
15. Become fluent in French
16. Have my honeymoon planned for me
17. Spend a night under the stars on a beach
18. Stay up all night to watch the sun rise (Completed on the night of our school Leaver's Ball)
19. Go skinny-dipping at night
20. Learn how to ballroom dance (for my wedding!)
21. Become a mentor
22. Become a Vegetarian for a month (Completed last year during Lent)
23. See the Northern Lights
24. Live by myself for at least a month
25. Cook a full 5-course meal by myself
26. Have a pet tortoise named speed
27. Fall in love and land safely
28. Be able to call someone ‘my husband’
29. Send £100 to a random person
30. Do at least a month of volunteer work (I am currently spending my year as a volunteer)
31. Have a 24-hour movie marathon
32. Fly first-class
33. Make a time capsule and bury it
34. Be a surrogate mother
35. Be in Times’ Square to see the New Year Ball drop
36. Walk in the Rainforest
37. Sleep in a hammock
38. Sleep on a waterbed
39. Get a vintage engagement ring
40. Get a personally engraved wedding ring
41. Fall asleep in someone’s arms (Details not required, but yes, I have indeed done this)
42. Go on a road trip
43. Be kissed in the rain
44. Take a shower in a waterfall
45. See a shooting star
46. Give birth
47. Go on a trip abroad with less than a day’s notice
48. Live without Internet for a month
49. Grow my own vegetables
50. Make a Quilt
51. Raise £1,000 for charity
52. Grow my hair down to my waist
53. Meet Switchfoot
54. Visit the Holy Land
55. Go fishing and make supper from whatever I catch
56. Read a book for 24 hours solid
57. Drive from one side of a country to the other in a day
58. Plant a tree
59. Ride a camel
60. Send a message in a bottle
61. Get 3 A grades at A-level (I finished school with AAAB)
62. Be a virgin when I marry
63. Be proposed to and say yes
64. Lead worship on guitar
65. Have a song written for me (Completed by my beautiful friends... it's called 'Waiting for Eve'!)
66. Help bring someone to Christ
67. Help baptize someone
68. Write a novel
69. Do the number
70. Read the whole Bible
71. Complete the ‘Photo-a-day’ challenge
72. Knit a scarf (Knitted a snood for myself last Christmas)
73. Laugh until I wet myself
74. Be an answer to prayer
75. Dig up the time capsule 10 years later

Several of these (16, 17, 19, 20, 27, 28, 37, 38, 39, 40, 42, 43, 44, 62, 63, and 69) can only be done, or would preferrably be done with a husband. But that doesn't stop me doing the others now!

I had a wonderful chat last night with some lovely people (this is also a little shout-out to a little reader... yes, Matt, that's you!) and they reminded me that sometimes it's ok to do things for me. I am spending my whole year volunteering as an intern, and even outside of that, I find myself living for other people's satisfactions and expectations. But I don't want to do that any more. From now on, I'm going to start working through this list and doing things because I want to.

Do you guys have things you really want to do in your life?

4 comments:

  1. I have recently been making a bucket list, and it's so satisfying crossing it off! But the best bit is there's no rush, there's no deadline! Although just as a note, it seems a lot of your happiness/fulfilment relies on finding a husband..try to rely on just you. It's hard!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't looked it this for a while, so it was nice to discover I'd done some without realising it!
      Exactly: I may do some things next month, next year or next decade... But whenever it is, I can't wait!
      Yes, I realised that too as I was working my way through. I'm working on being more comfortable with things being 'just me', but thank you for your concern. It means a lot :)
      Please do keep reading! :D xx

      Delete
  2. I'm shocked at you young lady!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say.
What do you think of my blog?
Any suggestions?

Your comments make my happy <3