Friday 18 January 2013

My chosen superpower

I have often been asked the age-old question of 'If you could have a super power, what would it be?'. And my answer has always be the same. Mind-reading. Apparently this is absurd to many people, but here is my arguement why, if humanity ever evolves to the stage where the government allows us each one super-power, I will be choosing mind-reading and I think you should too...

1. Situations would become an awful lot clearer. Rather than wondering 'What are they thinking?', 'Is this what they want?', 'What's the best solution?', you can just hear everyone's thoughts, and make a judgement based on the honest opinions of everyone involved. This would be useful in issues of war and conflict.

2. Relatiosnhips would happen a lot faster. Boy would know what girl was thinking, girl would know what boy was thinking. It would either be a yes or a no, and then the situation could progress. It would cut all that 'He loves me, he loves me not' palava, as well as saving the lives of many innocent young flowers.

3. Medical situations would become ethically more sound. In cases such as abortion and euthanasia, it would be useful to include the opinion of the person involved, who may not always be able to give their opinion otherwise. This should make for a fairer decision in cases of ethical dilemmas.

4. It would make it so much easier to really help people if they were afraid to ask for something, but you could read what they were really needing, and then help them in a much more effective and practical way.

5. Who doesn't want to know how the minds of the opposite gender work?!

And this is what a day off work due to snow has done to me... Now to get sewing with Jimone. I think I'm starting a quilt, so there will most likely a post to follow if there are any good results!

Enjoy today!

2 comments:

  1. Well reasoned- anyone would think you took critical thinking at A level ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I know.... who would have thought?! ;D xx

      Delete

I love hearing what you have to say.
What do you think of my blog?
Any suggestions?

Your comments make my happy <3